Mr. Ashish Kumar Chauhan
Mr. Ashish Chauhan currently works as the MD & CEO of BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange), the first stock exchange of Asia. He is one of the founders of India’s National Stock Exchange (“NSE”) where he worked from 1992 to 2000. At NSE, he was instrumental in setting up the first screen based trading in India, equities market and first commercial satellite communications network for India. He is best known as the father of modern financial derivatives in India. He also created several path breaking frameworks including Nifty index, NSE certifications in financial markets, etc.
From 2000 to 2009, he worked as the President and Chief Information Officer of Reliance group and also acted as the CEO of the cricket team Mumbai Indians in its formative years.
Mr. Ashish has won several International and Indian awards including:
- CEO of the Year, Diamond Sabre Awards 2015, Hongkong
- Indian Business Leader of the Year, Horasis Interlaken/Switzerland 2015
- RH Patil Award for Excellence in Financial Services, June 2015
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 2014
- Best CEO in the Financial Markets in the Asia Pacific by the Asian Banker, 2014
- Zee Business Awards- Special contribution in Commodities and Capital Market, 2013
- TOP 50 CIOs, information Week, US, 2009.
He holds a B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT- Bombay and a PGDM from IIM Kolkata. He is a Distinguished Visiting professor at Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
Due to his work in various fields spanning a quarter of a century, he is considered one of the foremost experts in the fields of Information Technology, Finance, Markets, Micro structure of markets, cricket, telecommunications, organized retail, oil and gas, refining and Indian social issues.
He is a part of several committees of World Federation of Exchanges (“WFE”), Government of India (“GOI”), Reserve Bank of India (“RBI”), Securities and Exchange Board of India (“SEBI”), Confederation of Indian Industry (“CII”), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (“FICCI”), Indian Merchants Chamber (“IMC”), India UK Council (“UKIBC”) etc. He is also associated with several NGOs and educational institutions. His quotes and writings have been published in various newspapers, magazines and journals in India and abroad.